ERLANGGA ENGLISH SPEECH CONTEST 2020
Rp 10.000.000 Trophy + Certificate
Rp 7.000.000 Trophy + Certificate
Rp 5.000.000 Trophy + Certificate
FOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENTS (SD/MI),
JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS (SMP/MTS),
SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS (SMA/MA), &
VOCATIONAL SCHOOL STUDENTS (SMK/MAK)
Topic (choose one)
- Should we eat more vegetables?
- Does sleep deprivation affect your academic performance?
- Why is drinking enough water so important?
- How to create a healthy environment?
- What should we do to increase our nation’s life expectancy?
- Why is renewable energy important?
- Should we use less plastics?
- Should we use water wisely?
- Should we protect our rainforests? How?
- Is it important to protect rare species? Which species and How?
- How to be critical and creative millennials
- Should we limit our use of gadgets?
- Does social media threaten our privacy?
- Can online education replace the traditional one? Give your reasons.
- How does technology change your life?
Educational and culture:
- How to reach your dream
- Should students be allowed to use gadgets in the class?
- Why can literacy change people’s life?
- Why is it important to protect our cultural heritage?
- Is cultural diversity an Indonesian’s big asset? Could you explain why?
Qualifications and Registration
- Participants are students of Elementary School (SD/MI), Junior High School (SMP/MTs), Senior High
- School (SMA/MA), and Vocational School (SMK/MAK).
- Audition will be held online in each host cities in March-August 2020
- Participants MUST post or upload their speech video in YouTube or Instagram platform (using multiple method or IGTV).
- Choose one topic out of 20 determined topics.
- Speech video duration should not be longer than 5 minutes.
- Registration can be accessed online at www.erlangga.co.id/eesc2020
- Copy of the video link must be attached when filling out the online form registration at www.erlangga.co.id/eesc2020.
- No registration fee is required.
- Registration will be closed in August 2020.
- Participants are allowed to use visual props, such pictures, videos, and presentation materials.
- The contest is only open for Non-Native English Speaking Participants.
- Erlangga English Speech Contest 2020 will be held in 12 cities, namely Jakarta, Bandung, Semarang, Yogyakarta, Surabaya, Madiun, Bali, Palembang, Medan, Makassar, Pekanbaru, and Samarinda.
- The best 20 participants from each level will be invited to the semifinal round that will be held at Penerbit Erlangga branch offices, located at 12 cities, in September 2020.
- The best one from each level will join the grand final round in Jakarta in October 2020.
- In semifinal and grand final rounds, speech contest participants will deliver the speech in front of the adjudicators with a maximum duration of 5 minutes. Choose 1 topic out of 20 determined topics.
- Adjudicators’ decision is final.
2020 Erlangga English Speech Contest Committee
JAKARTA: 0812 9883 1363 (Riko),
BANDUNG: 0852 2211 3303 (Dion),
YOGYAKARTA: 0821 3736 1237 (Ary Iskandar) ,
SEMARANG: 0813 2634 3765 (Wimalahadi),
SURABAYA: 0812 3383 5235 (Irving),
BALI: 0852 3454 3154 (Rachmadi),
MEDAN: 0852 5431 4886 (Pati Sirait),
MAKASSAR: 0823 4991 3665 (Rusman),
PALEMBANG: 0813 7381 4456 (Andika Budiono),
PEKANBARU: 0813 6335 7032 (Wahyudi),
SAMARINDA: 0821 2008 8886 (Hakul Yakin),
MADIUN: 0813 4788 6633 (Zakaria).
CS Erlangga 08191 1500 885
Kenny W. 0857 1810 9404